The following checklist includes essential information that is helpful at the stage of group building. You can also find some useful tips and hints on what is important during this phase.
- Exchange groups must involve young people between the ages of 13 and 30. Remember that different age groups have different needs and interests.
- The combined number of young people from all participating countries in the project must be between 16 and 60.
- At least 4 young people must be involved in each partner group. For projects with 2 or 3 partners, each group must have more young people.
- Additionally, there must be at least 1 adult group leader for each of the partner groups. There may be more group leaders involved, if needed and justified.
- Youth exchanges are open to all young people, including those who are disadvantaged and may need more support than others to participate.
- Young people participate in projects voluntarily and out of their own interest.
- Young people are involved from the very beginning: they cannot be selected only at the end stage of planning or after the funding has been granted.
Make a copy of the checklist and use it to follow the necessary requirements for building a group for youth exchange.
Get activity badge
Get activity badge subtitle
The earner of this badge has accessed the checklist with essentials for building a group for a youth exhange project.
This badge is automatically issued after learner submits evidence of completing the badge task included in the educational activity available at the 'Star of Europe’ platform.
The ‘Star of Europe’ is hosted by the Finnish National Agency for Education, which also manages the European Union’s programme Erasmus+.
Evidence verified by: self-approve